Thursday, April 16, 2009

Atonement

Atonement

I first found love
from heaven above.
I did everything
and missed nothing.

I grabbed opportunities
like they were freebies,
as if it was the last time to love
like a free dove.

Suddenly the gloom
replaced the bloom
I had heart palpitations
to every dark situations.

Is this the feeling I have to falsely show?
Or the feeling I have to hide?
Because I can't control it, I have to cry.

Either way my heart doesn't lie
even if people would not ask why.
Don't care what people think about
my heart's extremely sunken.

A dark situation made it this way.
There's no time limit, I can feel it everyday
Now it's time to let him go
even if my heart still says, "No."

I have watched my heart shatter
into a million pieces.
I felt as it went deeper
into dark unknown places.

I am standing here where people walk
with no one to hold on to, no one to talk.

The renaissance of my soul will kneel in front of a cross
and I will make amends, I will willingly ask for forgiveness.

1 comment: